adco specializes in the design, installation, and promotion of geothermal heating and cooling systems. Our experience, dedication to quality, and industry partnership with Carrier assure you lasting comfort for your home or commercial space. While our competitors are just realizing the benefits of geothermal, adco has installed hundreds of geothermal systems throughout Northern Virginia since 1982. Through knowledgeable recommendations and precision workmanship, we complete your project quickly and with maximum rewards, ensuring that every room in your house will be exceptionally comfortable, every single day, year after year.
Find out if a geothermal heating and cooling system is right for you!
In a closed loop system, water or antifreeze solution is circulated through plastic pipes completely concealed below ground. Using the relative stable temperatures of the earth as the energy source, a geothermal heat pump delivers constant, consistent heat in the winter and superior humidity control in the summer. During winter, the geothermal heating and cooling system absorbs heat from the abundant supply stored in your own backyard. This heat is transferred to the ground source heat pump, where it is compressed to a higher temperature, and then sent as warm, comfortable air throughout your home. During the summer, the system extracts heat from your home and delivers it to the underground loop, where it is then absorbed by the cooler earth. Using the cool water returning from the ground, the heat pump provides refreshing, dehumidified air for your home.
Open Loop Systems
When you’re in need of heating, outside temperatures are cold. When you’re in need of cooling, outside temperatures are brutally hot. Either way, a traditional air source heat pump works extra hard to combat these extremes. In contrast, a geothermal system consumes less energy, as it easily absorbs and rejects heat into stable temperatures maintained below ground.
Geothermal operates efficiently, round-the-clock and round-the-calendar, regardless of changing weather, supplying a uniquely dependable and continuous source of safe, clean, and rewarding energy. With operating efficiency from 350% to 550%, you can expect to lower utility bills anywhere from 40% to 80%.
Geothermal HVAC systems provide many benefits – our team is knowledgeable on geothermal system services and information!
Contact adco to find out more about geothermal heating and cooling. Our team of specialists provide informed recommendations, complete design and install, and quick turnaround on your project. Through in-depth training, years of experience, and hands-on product knowledge, we are uniquely qualified to handle all challenges and deliver rewarding results.
Advantages of Geothermal Include:
- Lower Utility Bills – For as little as a dollar a day, the average two thousand square foot home can be heated and cooled. Geothermal systems require only very small amounts of electricity to transfer heat to and from the ground to your home, producing approximately four units of energy for every unit of electricity.
- Environmentally Friendly – The US Environmental Protection Agency recognizes Geothermal as the most environmentally responsible heating and cooling system available.
- Low Maintenance – These systems require only periodic checks and filter changes, and are overall, extremely reliable.
- Safe – These systems do not rely on fossil fuels, such as natural gas, so there are none of the threats caused by combustion, such as flames, fumes, odors, or carbon monoxide.
- Investment Recovery – While a Geothermal System is a significant investment, the far lower utility bills and maintenance needs can easily recover the cost of installation in three to five years.
- Hot Water – Supplementing the home’s conventional water heater, your geothermal system can save you up to 30% off your annual hot water costs.
- Longer Service Life – Since the geothermal unit is located indoors and out of the weather, you can depend on it to last more than twenty years. Expect the ground loop to last fifty years.
- Quiet Operation – Using the same principles that operate your refrigerator or freezer, these system are extremely quiet.